It was an interesting year on Not Your Average Gal with a total rebrand (formerly Caroline Made This), more posts about travel hacking and a fun mix of what you guys liked to read.
Take a look at the Top Posts of 2015.
- How to: Valentine’s Day Wreath
- A Reminder for all Teachers
- Canceling our Trip to Southeast Asia & How Things Will Get Better
- Why I Flew to Atlanta Yesterday Morning (and was Home Before Noon)
- You seem so happy.
- Welcome to Not Your Average Gal!
- 2015 Changed Me
- What is Travel Hacking?
- Changes are Happening in my Life and on This Site
- Short-Term Health Goals Before our Trip
Recap of 2015 Goals
Now, how did I do with the goals I set back last January? Pretty darn well. Sort of…
I’ll keep chugging along to hold myself more accountable this year. Big things are planned, plus I have a big announcement coming in the next few weeks regarding my fitness and upcoming races.
- Join a blog network and start expanding readers. Readership is way up! No blog network.
- Gain more followers on Twitter and Facebook. Check and check.
- Choose one medium for all my social networks, that can push blog posts to all of them. Check. Plus, I’m focusing more on what works. Facebook is my best network.
- Include more videos. Big fail. I have some up my sleeve from this most recent trip.
- Write more about “travel hacking.” Check and check and check.
- Gain more freelance writing work. Woot! Check.
- Feature sponsored posts, guest writers and perhaps open up advertisements. Guest writer: Check Still leery of advertisements. It could change. This year, I’m focusing more on writing about what I love and seeing where that goes, as opposed to focusing on what sponsors may like. Writing a post last year about something I loved actually worked out for this year…more on that soon. 😀
- Travel somewhere new in July. July got switched to December.
- Read a damn book. 4, in fact! Woohoo!
- Give up TV for one month. Check.
- Learn more Spanish. Fail. Big time. Aside from the fun terms my coworkers have taught me.
- Lose 15 pounds. I lost exactly half of that, 7.5 pounds.
- Incorporate more lifting in my workouts. Check.
- Allow myself to buy pre-packaged meals. Check.
- Run 2 half-marathons. I only ran one. But I’ll cut myself some slack considering this past fall, when I would have run the second one, was somewhat of a shit show. BIG announcement coming about races this year though.
- Get up each morning at 6am. Check.
- Eat less meat. Somewhat of a check? Meh.
- Letting go of guilt. Check!
I think I did pretty darn tootin’ okay. What do you think? Do you have any goals for 2016 you’d like to accomplish?