o1. Who You Are
You’re in the right place if you:
- Have taken a different path in life or ever made your friends and family say, “You’re doing WHAT?”
- Drop F-bombs with the ferocity of an angry soccer mom late to her nail appointment.
- Need some copy that challenges the monotonous, mild or meek messaging of your current brand.
o2. Who I am
You can find me in several places:
- Jet-setting to a fun location and asking the flight attendant for another Biscoff.
- Pants-less, writing kickass copy for another kickass client.
- Dreaming about my next trip to England.
I left corporate America and my job as a Senior Copywriter to build a business that encourages people and brands to push through those crippling layers of self-doubt and reveal a shiny, authentic version of themselves. The status quo is so boring. You are not, my fabulous unicorn.
o3. Check Out My Copy
Not sure what a copywriter is? That’s okay, not many (sane) people outside the marketing/advertising world do. Basically, I know how to craft messages that make people feel something and react; whether that’s buying, crying, donating or finally deciding to call mom. I do this on the web, social media, in print and email campaigns. Consider it word wizardry.
04. Check Out The Blog
I don’t consider myself like other bloggers. While I like to think I take stunning photographs and videos–a passion of mine that I ended up going back to school for–I fully embrace that life isn’t Instagram perfect. Who wants to keep up that obnoxious charade anyway? This blog is a collection of fun stories and life anecdotes that hopefully make you smile and sometimes ask you to think…but not too hard. Save that shit for your health insurance and taxes.
Not sure where to start? Here are some of my most popular posts:
I’m Caroline Peterson, the woman behind Not Your Average Gal. Part-time globetrotter. Full-time sassypants. I’m a fierce advocate of women supporting women and–dammit–learning how to believe in ourselves unflinchingly.