Apparently a Valentine’s Day wreath I made andÂ uploadedÂ on Pinterest over 2Â years ago is making quite the rounds this year. Over 1,750 repins so far! So, as I put in my goals for 2015, I’m going utilize Pinterest more on my blog.
Thanks for stopping by!Â My name is Caroline. I’m a rad gal without much of a filter. (Lucky you.) You can find out more about me here. I’d love to have you stick around as a reader. We’re fun people ’round these parts. Plus, we drink good beer!
You can also follow me here:
Now, since I uploaded this picture over 2 years ago and didn’t have the intention of writing step-by-step instructions, I only have a picture of the final product, rather than each step.
But, never fear! This is so easy that even my cat, who lacks opposable thumbs and often coordination, could still whip this pretty thang together.
- Wreath foam of any size that you’re feelin’ (get at any craft store)
- Grey Yarn
- Red & Pink Felt
- Big spankin’ Ribbon of any color you desire (you’ll hang the wreath from this)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Place a small dab of hot glue anywhere on the wreath foam.
- Take the end of the grey yarn and place it on the hot glue to secure the yarn.
- Start wrapping the yarn, line-by-line so there are no gaps, around the wreath until you’re back where you started.
- Cut the yarn and dab hot glue on top of that piece to secure it.
- Cut an equal amount of hearts from the red and pink felt (I needed 7 and traced each heart from the original heart I cut from the felt.)
- Place hearts equal distance from each other in alternating directions around the wreath.
- Secure each heart into position with hot glue.
- Use the same gray yarn and wrap it around the wreath acrossÂ each heart, going clockwise, and then hot glue the end once you’ve made it fully around.
- Next, go counterclockwise with the yarn, and make sure you make an “X” over each heart around the wreath one last time.Â Hot glue the endÂ again.
- Grab that big spankin’ bow and hang it for all to see!
Any questions or want to shower me with compliments? (Is itÂ fishingÂ for compliments if you just ask?)Â Â Give me a shout in the comments.Â
Thanks for stopping by!