If you access your Facebook account at all during the month of November, you know there is a trend where people will use their status to list something they are grateful for every day of the month. (You know, Thanksgiving.) Â It’s intention is pretty innocent and sweet and if I weren’t such a cynical wench I would probably look past the sugar-filled statuses and realize that the world can always use a little more appreciation for the small things.
…but I’m a cynical wench.
Some of these statuses are quite vomit-worthy. Â We’re clearly getting to the half-way mark of the month where people are realllllllly reaching into theirÂ gratefulnessÂ pockets:
Today I’m thankful for the person who cut me off on my way to work. Â They made me realize I don’t want to be in such a hurried rush like them and possibly miss what is going on in the wonderful world around me.
Liar. Â Admit it. Â You totally wanted to punch the person in the face. Â It’s okay.
So, in lieu bombarding your newsfeed everyday with statuses that will make you want to toss your cookies, I’ll tell you here about the things I’m thankful for. Â Caroline-style.
Caroline is thankful for:
1. Â I’m thankful I didn’t roll over in the middle of the night onto my cat’s vomit. Â It was a lovely morning present. Â Thanks, Bax!
2. Â I’m happy the vomit stain came out of the bedsheets and didn’t get below the mattress protector. Â Mmmmm.
3. Â I’m grateful I haven’t caught Dengue fever from the outbreak here in Florida.
4. Â I’m glad one of my BFF’s admitted she didn’t get a pedicure today because she hadn’t shaved her legs in 2 weeks. Â Bless you child -Â we’ve all been there.
5. Â I’m happy My Main Squeeze thinks wedding planning is one giant laugh too:
Happy (early) Thanksgiving, my beloved readers!