If you access your Facebook account at all during the month of November, you know there is a trend where people will use their status to list something they are grateful for every day of the month. (You know, Thanksgiving.) It’s intention is pretty innocent and sweet and if I weren’t such a cynical wench I would probably look past the sugar-filled statuses and realize that the world can always use a little more appreciation for the small things.
…but I’m a cynical wench.
Some of these statuses are quite vomit-worthy. We’re clearly getting to the half-way mark of the month where people are realllllllly reaching into their gratefulness pockets:
Today I’m thankful for the person who cut me off on my way to work. They made me realize I don’t want to be in such a hurried rush like them and possibly miss what is going on in the wonderful world around me.
Liar. Admit it. You totally wanted to punch the person in the face. It’s okay.
So, in lieu bombarding your newsfeed everyday with statuses that will make you want to toss your cookies, I’ll tell you here about the things I’m thankful for. Caroline-style.
Caroline is thankful for:
1. I’m thankful I didn’t roll over in the middle of the night onto my cat’s vomit. It was a lovely morning present. Thanks, Bax!
2. I’m happy the vomit stain came out of the bedsheets and didn’t get below the mattress protector. Mmmmm.
3. I’m grateful I haven’t caught Dengue fever from the outbreak here in Florida.
4. I’m glad one of my BFF’s admitted she didn’t get a pedicure today because she hadn’t shaved her legs in 2 weeks. Bless you child – we’ve all been there.
5. I’m happy My Main Squeeze thinks wedding planning is one giant laugh too:
Happy (early) Thanksgiving, my beloved readers!
As I sit here on a Friday night, I’m thankful that I can sleep in until noon tomorrow if I want to. I know am one of the few lucky ones with that privilege and promise to cherish it. And give thanks to the baby Jesus wearing a tuxedo shirt.
Those days are numbered. Just wait…