I have 11 days and 3.5 hours left of Sobertober. But who’s counting?
Sadly, there isn’t much to report. It’s certainly been different watching football with the hubster without a beer. I also had to turn down Happy Hour with my fabulous female coworkers. They even posted pictures which made me insanely sad I wasn’t there. Truth be told, I didn’t go because we finally got time to sit down and do our finances and I didn’t want to delay that anymore.
What? How do you guys do your finances?
It was a RIVETING Friday night.
That said, it has made me realize how “easy” it was for me to just pour a glass of wine when I got home or after a long week. It had become a habit and while kept in moderation, it’s still not a great habit to have. I feel like I can hear one of my dear friends, Stacey, yelling at me right now. “THEY SAY A GLASS OF RED WINE IS EQUIVALENT TO WORKING OUT. Sheesh.”
I also haven’t exactly been having a stress-free month. So that bottle of port wine I brought back from Portugal is just stare-ing at me. Jerk.
The Sobertober Good
- I can wake up at 5:30 am on a Sunday to go for a 4 mile run on Ft. Lauderdale Beach and see this:
- I’ve been able to focus on getting back on track with running and meal prep because I do feel a bit cleaner not drinking. (I’ll blog about meal prep later this week.)
- I go to the pool without a fruity margarita and survive!
The Sobertober Bad
- I’ve taken to eating ice cream more (see above)
- I have had Diet Coke way more than I care to admit as a replacement
- The social aspect. Saying “no” to a beer or shot turns heads. Maybe I should surround myself with different people. I’m looking at YOU bad influencers. 😉
So that’s the dealio-yo. I’m sure I’ll write a conclusion after all of this to let you know if my skin is glowing or I’ve suddenly dropped 25 pounds or I’m swearing off the stuff for life.
After I have a glass of that port wine, that is.
Where are all my participants who told me they were joining Sobertober with me? How you doin’?
Find out how I did:
In the year and 3 months that I’ve been losing weight I haven’t totally given up alcohol- but very much cut back. There were months where I didn’t drink at all. I am so happy I cut back. It has improved my sleep, food cravings, energy, etc!
That’s awesome to hear, Megan! It’s certainly put some things in perspective for me.
Your friend Stacey sounds like a lush and enabler. Yet quite accurate and intelligent.
Also, she cut out diet soda/artificial sweeteners completely from her diet. And started drinking flavored sparkling water for the ‘fizzy kick.’
Did she mention she enjoys the third person perspective? She says to keep up the good work!
She’s all of the above. <3 Thanks for the tip! 🙂
Pixie Points (@pixie_points) says
You survived Sobertober! I didn’t even know it was a thing. Not sure I would have made it 😉
You could do it. Just use all the wine you’ll get at the end as motivation! 😉