I have 11 days and 3.5 hours left of Sobertober. But who’s counting?
Sadly, there isn’t much to report. It’s certainly been different watching football with the hubster without a beer. I also had to turn down Happy Hour with my fabulous female coworkers. They even posted pictures which made me insanely sad I wasn’t there. Truth be told, I didn’t go because we finally got time to sit down and do our finances and I didn’t want to delay that anymore.
What? How do you guys do your finances?
It was a RIVETING Friday night.
That said, it has made me realize how “easy” it was for me to just pour a glass of wine when I got home or after a long week. It had become a habit and while kept in moderation, it’s still not a great habit to have. I feel like I can hear one of my dear friends, Stacey, yelling at me right now. “THEY SAY A GLASS OF RED WINE IS EQUIVALENT TO WORKING OUT. Sheesh.”
I also haven’t exactly been having a stress-free month. So that bottle of port wine I brought back from Portugal is just stare-ing at me. Jerk.
The Sobertober Good
- I can wake up at 5:30 am on a Sunday to go for a 4 mile run on Ft. Lauderdale Beach and see this:
- I’ve been able to focus on getting back on track with running and meal prep because I do feel a bit cleaner not drinking. (I’ll blog about meal prep later this week.)
- I go to the pool without a fruity margarita and survive!
The Sobertober Bad
- I’ve taken to eating ice cream more (see above)
- I have had Diet Coke way more than I care to admit as a replacement
- The social aspect. Saying “no” to a beer or shot turns heads. Maybe I should surround myself with different people. I’m looking at YOU bad influencers. 😉
So that’s the dealio-yo. I’m sure I’ll write a conclusion after all of this to let you know if my skin is glowing or I’ve suddenly dropped 25 pounds or I’m swearing off the stuff for life.
After I have a glass of that port wine, that is.
Where are all my participants who told me they were joining Sobertober with me? How you doin’?
Find out how I did: