Happy Friday! I’m currently traveling and in Las Vegas for a quick trip, but don’t be too jealous. There are plenty of other wonderful people you can drool over in wanderlust.
The bloggers below are some of my favorite writers who have been bitten and forever changed by the travel bug. I’ve truly enjoyed reading their work and I know you will too. Hands down, the best part about fellow travelers is the information and suggestions they are willing to share with just about anyone.
Enjoy some travel love. (In no particular order.)
1. Slightly Astray: Anna is about a cool as they come. She quit her job and followed her heart to travel the world and has encyclopedia-worthy knowledge about each city she’s visited. She was just in Taipei, Taiwan and has drool-worthy food pictures to prove it.
Read for: Friendly, informative travel knowledge. Food porn. Quick answers to your travel questions. Day-in-the-life posts.
2. Adventures Around Asia: Richelle has a knack for hitting the nail on the head about cultures and traveling. She’s currently in China getting her master’s degree and traveling around like a champion. I find her personal posts so relatable it’s scary.
Read for: City tips. Relatable stories. Quick weekend or 2-day itineraries. Fountain of knowledge about China.
3. Young Adventuress: Liz says fuck in her blog and I really dig her for it. She also has solo traveling down to a science, with amazing tips to boot. She’s currently in New Zealand living her dream and I love reading about every minute of it.
Read for: Direct, honest tid-bits. Beautiful landscape pictures. Hilarious anecdotes about life. Large Instagram following.
4. Be My Travel Muse: I found Kristin while googling where to stay in Cambodia last year and quickly developed a crush simply based on the way she packed all her stuff in a backpack. This chick also hitchhiked a huge part of China! Badassery (yes, it’s a word) aside, she’s incredibly insightful about her travels and its impact. She just got back from Africa.
Read for: Impressive solo travel stories. Good hotel/hostel reviews. Stellar packing skills.
5. Ashley Abroad: She’s a Michigan native, holla! Ashley is about as friendly as they come and her site is jam-packed with travel destinations. I hope one day my photos can look as beautiful as hers. She just got back from Jordan on what looks like another fantastic trip! #GirlsGoneJordan
Read for: Incredible photography. Parisian love. Impressive language skills.
6. Choosing Figs: “I no longer wanted to be the person constantly making lists and thinking, ‘I want to do that someday.’ I just wanted to do it.” Boom. Nailed it. Val currently lives in Chicago and while an incredibly experienced traveler, also has hilarious posts about life. (Check out the speed dating one.) She’s a hysterical midwest gal. Samesies.
Read for: Life lists. Spot-on people watching skills. An extensive country travel list.
7. Wanderlust Explorers: A Creative Director and Travel Nurse take on the world. While I may have met Kiki once in real life, we are kindred spirits. Jen and Kiki started their blog on their epic honeymoon in Asia and have continued to post their travels as life continued outside the honeymoon. Currently in Shainghai, China for Jen’s travel nursing job, they will soon be off to Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, the Philippines, Singapore, Tokyo, then back in the US…and then who knows?
Read for: Honeymoon adventures. Hilarious viewpoints. An expert website layout. Food envy (the dumplings!).
8. The Planet D: If the hubster weren’t in med school (overachiever alert), I imagine we’d be similar to the traveling duo of Dave and Deb. They are the travel site in the travel blogosphere, but are still down to earth enough to constantly update and answer questions. They’re Canadian, of course they’re friendly!
Read for: A HUGE amount of counties traveled. Blog tips. Magnificent photos. Country-by-country tips.
9. That Backpacker: I found Audrey on Pinterest when looking for Vietnam tips. She had me at “great tailored clothes in Hoi An.” I loved watching her videos too and even with a huge following, she’s down to earth. She’s currently in Lima, Peru.
Read for: Great itinerary tips. Budget ideas. Travel gear and packing know-how.
Tell me some of your favorite Travel Blogs. I’m always looking to add to the list!